Yes, you can use yarn to knit sweaters, socks, blankets, and other types of items. But yarn is so versatile that you can even use this material to make exciting home decorations. With all different types of yarn, you can turn your home into a more interesting and homey space where everyone can relax.
For your next yarn project, you may want to consider the following ideas:
- Yarn bottles for floral arrangements. Why use plain bottles for your flowers when you can decorate them with yarn? All you need is a bottle with a nice shape, some glue, and some yarn in a nice color. Put some glue just under the edge of the bottle top, and then apply some glue to the yarn. Start wrapping the yarn around the bottle carefully, and then when you reach the bottom you can just snip the end and you’re done.
- Yarn lampshades. With some yarn, you can make your lampshades look even more interesting, especially when they’re plain looking to begin with. You can use several colors for your yarn, along with a glue gun and a pair of scissors. You can start at the top and work yourself down. But you can also try out other designs as well. You should just make sure that you have enough glue and you try to keep things looking neat. When you’re done, you can just cut off the excess yarn.
- Yarn–covered tins. Tin cans work well as storage for various knickknacks, such as for pens or even for your knitting accessories. You can have these tins out as part of the decoration, especially when you’ve covered them in yarns in different colors. Try for uneven widths of colors for a more interesting look, and experiment with different color combinations. Again, you just need glue and scissors to cut off the yarn at the end.
- Yarn art. You’ve probably seen some abstract stripe paintings, and you can be inspired by those works of art to make some of your own. You just need a substantially sized canvas, and then you can wrap it with yarn of different colors to end up with cool color combinations and stripes. You can go horizontally or vertically with your stripes, take your pick. The result pretty much works like a painting and you can really decorate and dominate the room with your yarn canvas with compelling colors.
- Nail and yarn wall décor. With a few nails in your wall, a nice neutral wall color, and yarns with different colors, you can really go to town and decorate the heck out of your wall. It’s time for you to be creative, and you can make various geometric designs with different colors. You can also create letters and make monograms or even a homey quote. It’s all up to your imagination and personality.
- Yarn triangles. Get an ordinary pair of wire clothes hangers, and then use glue to warp them with yarn. Put some nails on your wall and hang these hangers and the yarn can really make them stand out. You can even attach various objects to these clothes hangers to really make them look different and unique.
- Yarn utensils. You can make your parties feel even more festive when you cover the handles of your utensils with yarn. This isn’t really practical for everyday use since you’ll need to wash the utensils after their use, but for special occasions like birthdays they can really cheer things up.
What’s your idea for a yarn-themed home décor? When it comes to yarn, the limits of its use are defined by the limits of your imagination. With all different types of yarn, you can decorate so many things around the house to make your home look and feel special!